How we're dealing with the Covid19 Coronavirus
This has been updated following Gov. Baker's advisory issued this morning.
Hello from ActonArt:
Welcome to Spring trimester at ActonArt! We want to thank you for sticking with us as this unprecedented situation continues to unfold. We realize how difficult this is for children and families, and hope we can help you keep your children engaged and developing through art and creativity.
Our plans for presenting Spring classes at ActonArt have been evolving rapidly over the past few days as we work to meet the sudden challenge of transitioning to an online format. Our goals are to provide: high quality video and images, some degree of interactivity between students and teachers, and flexible options for students. We are testing and evaluating the technology and services available to us, including Zoom Meetings.
OUR CURRENT PLAN (updated today 3/23)
1. WE ARE DELAYING THE START OF SPRING TRIMESTER CLASSES until this coming Monday, March 30. We have been working overtime to get ready. We are adjusting our current plan to be prepared for mandatory full isolation if that were to occur.
2. WE WILL BEGIN USING ZOOM MEETINGS TO PRESENT CLASSES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. We hope to be ready with Zoom classes by next week. If Zoom classes are not ready, we will provide produced video classes of our planned curriculum with teachers available for consultation, probably via Zoom. All classes will be available as stand-alone videos that can be viewed at any time.
We are planning to schedule weekly online classes at times similar to our in-studio classes. Due to limitations with Zoom Meetings we will have to limit the number of classes we can offer each day. This may require students who are registered for a particular day to participate in the online class on a different day.
3. ART SUPPLY KITS have been ordered and should arrive in the next few days. We will begin assembling kits immediately for pickup only at pre-arranged times outside the studio where we can minimize exposure for everyone. We will contact you again as soon as they are delivered and can begin assembly.
4. APRIL VACATION BREAK - ActonArt will continue to provide online classes during the vacation week (4/20 - 4/25) to make up for this delayed first week of classes.
5. WE HAVE SET UP A PAYPAL ACCOUNT so families can pay by credit/debit card online. We will send Paypal invoices very soon to all unpaid students so easy payment can be made. Students who are registered but unpaid will not receive online classes.
6. WE ARE GOING TO SEND EVERY PAID STUDENT SOME FREE VIDEO CLASSES WHILE WAITING FOR OUR SPRING CLASSES TO BEGIN. These will be classes recorded previously for all different class levels. If your kids are already bouncing off the walls they might like to spend some time drawing! Please watch your email this week for links to these free video classes.
Thank you again for your support. All of us at ActonArt are sharing your experience right now. It is difficult, and we hope we can make it a bit easier for your family in the coming days.
Please let me know if you have any questions regarding any of this information.